We present you in a series of articles a selection of venues, hotels, activities and gastronomic offer that the Convention Park Luxembourg and the city of Luxembourg offers to all those who attend an event, congress or business trip.
Discover in this article 5 activities to do around the ECCL.
Discover the city of Luxembourg by e-bike
Just 15 minutes from the European Convention Center Luxembourg you can enjoy a e-bike tour that will allow you to discover the wonderful city of Luxembourg at your own pace.
We had the opportunity to enjoy the “Good Morning Luxembourg” E-bike Tour and it was definitely a 100% fun and fantastic experience.
Just 15 min away by tram from the Convention Park Europe (Kirchberg, Philharmonie / Mudam to Hamilius station), we started the tour from their Concept Store in the heart of the city (22 Rue Louvigny, 1946 Luxembourg) and we discovered the most beautiful places of the capital in a single bike trip.
We moved around on their latest generation e-bikes to get from one place to another without getting too tired, because the bicycle uses different assistance modes, among which is the turbo mode that allows you to climb a pair of little hills with hardly any effort.
On the route, you’ll move around the city and you’ll find a trail of paved streets, with a mix of dedicated cyclist lanes and pathways. During this amazing and funny guided cycling tour you’ll be amazed by the open spaces and green areas of the lower town, the charming forests near the capital and the idyllic and peaceful parks.
So if you are in the Convention Park Luxembourg we recommend you to disconnect for a few hours and discover the city with this fantastic plan.
- 15 min away from the European Convention Center Luxembourg (ECCL).
- Discover the best of Luxembourg city in 1h 30min!
- E-Bikes of the latest generation for all ages and fitness levels.
- Discover the city on your own or with private guide.
- Brand new app that let yourself be guided and listen to the different points of interest while riding safely on your e-bike.
- 101 points of interest and 5 different tours.
- Touchscreen with gps map, trip distance, trip time, current speed and average speed.
- Helmet included.
Some pictures of our e-Bike tour.
Just 5 minutes walk from the European Convention Center Luxembourg and next to the Philharmonie Luxembourg you will find the Mudam Museum, an ideal space to disconnect and enjoy art in a privileged environment.
During our visit we had the pleasure of visiting the Mudam museum (3, Park Dräi Eechelen, L-1499 Luxembourg-Kirchberg), an iconic architectural landmark of Luxembourg City. The building is spread over three levels of 4,000 m2 of surface area dedicated to the museum’s exhibitions and collection and its architecture is intended as a dialogue between the natural and historical context of its site and the visitor can perceive it from the first moment.
We have been able to enjoy the paintings by Lynette Yiadom-Boakye, the suspended Akari lamps by Isamu Noguchi, the stunishing artworks by Tacita Dean and the monumental sculptures by Monika Sosnowska among others. Collections that invite reflection and that allow visitors to discover art and disconnect from their day to day.
The museum also has a nice chill out zone with cafeteria service that invite to rest and a spectacular table and shed designed by Erwan and Ronan Bouroullec.
A perfect plan for those people in the MICE industry who love art, architecture or culture and who are looking for an activity close to the European Convention Center Luxembourg.
- 5 min away from the European Convention Center Luxembourg and the Philharmonie Luxembourg.
- Only 8€ per person.
- Free on Wednesday (18h – 21h).
- During the weekends, art mediators welcome you at Mudam to guide you through the museum.
- Guided tour of the exhibitions for individual visitors and small groups (max. 4 people).
- Inclusive and barrier-free museum.
- Don’t miss the Mudam Café, designed by the French designers Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec.
Some pictures of our visit to the MUDAM Museum
Just 2 minutes from the ECCL you can enjoy one of Europe's leading concert halls. Don't miss the opportunity to visit this jewel by taking a guided tour or attending one of its concerts.
We also had the pleasure to visit the Philarmonie Luxembourg (1 Pl. de l’Europe, 1499 Luxembourg, Luxembourg), one of the Europe’s leading concert halls.
The Philarmonie Luxembourg is a spectacular space to visit for those music and architecture lovers attending an event at the ECCL.
During our visit we were able to visit the Grand Auditorium, that holds up to 1,471 persons, the Salle de Musique de Chambre, a unique, elegant and intimate room for 313 listeners, the Espace Découverte and the foyer. Honestly, we were amazed by its excellent design and its 823 columns that were designed to maximise the accoustics.
The Philarmonie Luxembourg hosts more than 400 concerts throughout the year (You can check its monthly program here) and also offers guided tours from only 10€ showing all the corners of this extraordinary place.
Without a doubt, a 100% recommended visit if you are at an event at the ECCL and want to disconnect and enjoy this Luxembourgish jewel!
- 2 min away from the European Convention Center Luxembourg.
- More than 400 concerts a year.
- Guided tours from only 10€ per person.
- Don’t miss the Discovery Nights Formula with 1 Guided Tour + 1 Apéro + 1 Concert for only 55€.
- Online concerts! Via social media, the Philharmonie presents concerts by the Orchestre Philharmonique du Luxembourg and other renowned artists.
Some pictures of our visit to the Philarmonie Luxembourg
After extensive enhancement and security works, the Pétrusse Casemates reopened with a cutting-edge scenography and mesmerising light installations that bring history to life.
Thanks to the European Convention Center Luxembourg we had the opportunity to visit and discover the wonderful Petrusse Casemates! (Place de la Constitution Luxembourg, 2450, Luxemburgo).
Date back to the time when the Spanish modernised the medieval fortifications and built large bastions, the Petrusse Casemates offers the possibility to immerse yourself in Luxembourg’s history. You can relive through an audiovisual installation the history of its construction, walk through its tunnels and discover the different uses they have had throughout its history: shooting ranges, mushroom cultivation, concerts, bazaars, the storage of champagne bottles and shelters.
The fortifications of the city of Luxembourg and its old quarters were inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage list in 1994.
A beautiful and different way to discover the history of Luxembourg!
- 18 min away from the European Convention Center Luxembourg by Tram (Kirchberg, Philharmonie / Mudam > Hamilius).
- 45 minutes visit time.
- 15€ adults and 12€ for students and seniors.
- A cutting-edge scenography and mesmerising light installations.
- Tickets available here and at the Luxembourg City Tourist Office.
Some pictures of our visit to the Casemates Petrusse
Located in the city centre, the Luxembourg House is a concept store that highlights Luxembourg's know-how and excellence. An invitation to discover Luxembourg products between tradition and modernity.
If this is your case, Luxembourg House is the ideal place in Luxembourg for you to take home gifts of the highest quality and originality.
Thanks to the ECCL we discovered this wonderful shop located in the heart of the city and only 20 minutes away by tram (remember that the tram in Luxembourg is free for everyone!).
Design objects, original caps, candles, towels, stylos, foulards, mugs and lots of other 100% Luxembourgish objects (don’t miss their cool socks!) Undoubtedly one of the best options to bring back a souvenir of this wonderful city.
- 20 min away from the European Convention Center Luxembourg by Tram (Kirchberg, Philharmonie / Mudam > Hamilius).
- Monday to Saturday (10:00 am – 6:00 pm)
- Original gifts.
- Luxembourg producers.
- Advisors will help you find the perfect item to meet your needs.