Our selection of MICE Events
What is MICE sector or industry?
The term MICE stands for business tourism and encompasses the field of tourism for meetings, incentives, conferences and exhibitions. Each initial corresponds to the words Meeting, Incentives, Conferences/Congresses and Exhibitions. During these trips, the main motivation is to carry out work activities and attend different types of meetings and congresses.
What are MICE Events?
The objective of MICE events is twofold: on the one hand, to publicize the products and services of the exhibitors and, on the other hand, to promote business tourism in the area, city or country where the event is organized.
Types of MICE events
Within business tourism there is a wide variety of types of professional events. Depending on the objective and the activities carried out, we can distinguish between:
- Trade shows: these are events where companies in the same sector present their products or services in order to market and promote them.
- Conventions: these are events that are normally organized by a private entity, have a business focus and present studies, products or other tasks that are aimed at the company.
- Exhibitions: with a cultural or educational purpose, these events show the public both works of art and articles related to science. They can also be commercial in nature.
- Congresses: these are events that bring together professionals from the same sector. They usually last between two to three days and their main objective is the exchange of information and knowledge.
- Conferences or seminars: these are professional events with a very specific theme that aim to expand knowledge in that area. This type of event requires the participation of attendees and speakers.
- Incentive trips: in contrast to the aforementioned events, these are organized and planned for motivational purposes for the workers of a company.
Trends in MICE events
The experience currently demanded by the participants in an event, congress or trade shows goes far beyond pure attendance. As with streaming platforms like Netflix, HBO or Disney+, attendees demand content of interest where and when they want. In this way, the organization can offer attendees to attend only those presentations or activities that are of interest to them, through tailor-made agendas and content extended over time so that they can be consumed whenever they wish.
One of the most dominant trend of future events will be the development of outdoor activities. After the COVID-19 pandemia, companies and attendees are demanding opened and outdoor areas.
Security of the information
In today’s world, holding a major event involves managing a lot of sensitive information. Personal, tax or financial information: it is important that the organizer ensures the commitment and work of its technology providers for cybersecurity.
Sustainable, solidarity and eco-conscious activities
Another of the main trends in events that can be clearly seen today is the inclusion of activities that have some kind of social orientation. Collaborations with NGOs and associations are becoming more and more frequent. Also, companies and attendees increasingly demand eco-sustainable and planet-friendly events. Those events that do not meet this point will receive a lot of negative criticism and comments towards their organization.